Below is a fast and easy guide to help you get safe cockroach control in Sydney, Australia.
Step No 1. TRY AND KEEP KITCHENS OR MEAL ROOMS SCRUPULOUSLY CLEAN
This very important tip involves keeping the kitchen floors & other meal preparation locations free of grease, dirt and especially any food. Washing up dishes shouldn’t be left overnight as cockroaches will eat anything left behind! Throw out any unused cardboard & paper items, German Cockroaches in particular love hiding in these.
Step No. 2. MAKE SURE THAT YOU FILL ANY CRACKS AND GAPS THAT MAY PROVIDE HIDING SPOTS FOR COCKROACHES.
This step alone may stop most of the roaches. You can do this with a filler such as “No More Gaps.” Turn off any dripping taps and have washers replaced. This will stop providing water that bugs need to survive.
Step No. 3. THIS IS IMPORTANT: 1 MONTH TO 4 WEEKS AFTER ANY COCKROACH TREATMENT USE COCKROACH BOMBS ACCORDING TO THE LABEL.
Even go ahead with this step EVEN IF NO COCKROACHES ARE FOUND, it will make sure the ones that hatch from eggs are taken care of.
Repeat the above bombing again for a further month.
Success in getting rid of them permanently won’t happen overnight, but constant attention to hygiene and treatments will keep these unwanted pests out of your life for a long time.
Best cockroach control may require a professional pest control firm, and follow up instructions are often given by the experts.
In summing up, here are our best tips to avoid re-infestation:
– Keep kitchens and meal preparation areas very clean. McDonald’s staff are required to clean ALL surfaces, even under tables and chairs, every hour on the hour. That’s why you will never see a cockroach at McDonald’s. There’s no food for them to eat and nothing to drink.
– Get rid of all grease, crumbs, and scraps.
– Keep your rubbish in a sealed bin and regularly empty it outside.
– Try not to leave dishes and pet food out overnight.
– Fill crevices, gaps, and cracks with a filler.
– Repair all leaking taps and anything else that provides a water source.
– Always remember to use sprays or bombs as explained above.
By using these methods along with the help of a professional pest control firm, you will be able to live cockroach free for the long term!
Call Bruce today on 0417 251 911 for free advice or to arrange a cockroach control treatment at your home or office.